Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Diving- Lang Tengah 12 April 2007

Was a little engaged last few weeks that I finally found time to update my blog on diving. Did my Advance Open Water certification last April and had great fun for that trip.

Diving is fabulous and I had found another reason to love diving more than before. Been counting my days for the coming trips and yes, as of today, I still have 15 days before my trip to Perhentian Island.

For my Advance Certification, we did 5 modules. Deep Diving, Peak Performance Buoyancy, Multilevel and Computer diving, Navigation and Night Diving.
Pic: From left. Adrian, Jim, Myself and Fred









Richard and his his OWD students for their first open water dive :) from the pic we have Wai Meng and Shen as fun divers and Siew and Yew Hong DMT for the trip.

I just love diving at night (provided that nobody reminds me of the spooky stuffs at night). At night, the sea/ocean is so tranquil that the peace in it is just amazing. Imagine that your view is only limited to the area where your torch shines on. You wouldn’t be able to even see your buddy next to you. Everything is just completely dark and there are times I really felt very alone. Creatures at night are very different from those during the day time, the common creatures are crabs, shrimps, octopus, planktons. Yes, Planktons. There was once where we hid our torches and we realised that we were surrounded by luminous blue planktons. Just felt like being among the stars in the galaxy. Wish time had stood still then J. But like law of nature has installed for everything, the best /most beautiful things in life doesn’t last long, and I’m glad I had that moment. It’ll be the reason why I would go back to the sea for another time at night.
Having our dinner before the sun sets and we are off for our night dive.





Looking at my smile, you would be able to guess how interesting night dives are :)





Posing before getting on the boat. Gosh...I have to squad with this heavy tank. Thanked God I just had dinner.




All in the Boat




Leaving off to the dark. I have to stress it again... Night diving is amazing.






The other dives were as usual fun. Practice does make things better and after every dive, I get to enjoy more as I dive more. One of the reason why this trip is made special as I had my Sister, Michelle to tag along for her Open Water Certification. Looking at the joy diving has brought her, I'm glad we are both divers now. And for those whom I've infect the diving bug with, I'm so sorry. Sorry that you would now need to spend big bucks for the hobby. Diving is more addictive than drugs.

Upside down while doing boring safety stop. Look at the bubbles.















Pre-dive briefing










Beautiful beaches and waters of Lang Tengah








Posting after our morning Deep Dive. Great dive that day. Spotted tonnes of sharks and a semi-blotted puffer fish :)


Boat ride back from Nibong Laut :)

For more pictures, please refer to Lang Tengah Album

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

EdEtIA The best blog you have!

November 02, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TXgwFQ Magnific!

November 03, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Article.

November 03, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello all!

November 03, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog.

November 03, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Article.

November 03, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.

November 03, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog.

November 03, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please write anything else!

November 04, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job!

November 04, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.

November 04, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pJMWWW write more, thanks.

November 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home