Monday, March 12, 2007

Family Recipe

Last Saturday, my family did another round of Yong Tau Foo from my late Grandma's recipe. It wa tedious as we have to wake up early in the morning to get the ingredients from the market. Not the mention that we slept quite late the night before cos we were busy Yakking away, catching up on gossips. Wohoohhooo, finally this time I get to be the chef and mastered the recipe.

We bought altogether 23 Bitter Gours, 8 Brinjals, lots of Lady Fingers, Taufoo and some red chilles.







The raw meat paste made of fish paste, pork, salty fish, fried shallots, onion leaves, salt and oyster sauce as seasoning.


My 2 cousin brother helping out to stuff the meat paste into the bitter gour.


Stuffed unfried tau foo, and bitter Gouard (Below)








Some of the ready food, there is another pot in the kitchen.

Ready to be eaten

It was a whole day's work from the early morning and guess it'll be quite sometime before I'll want to do this again. But anyway, there is no better feeling seeing your family members enjoying food we have prepared and it's all worth the effort. That is also why I enjoyed cooking so very much.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wei there,

You still owe us one meal!!!

Just to let you know, I won't be able to attend your "Enhancing Family Bonding" program on 24th March.

Do let us know of your other programmes ya.

March 13, 2007  
Blogger YvonneYong said...

Aiya...why suddenly cannot make it la. NVM, I understand.

Huh? Since when I owe u ppl one meal :p I dun rmb anythin on it also :p

haha... can la, will see when I'm free lor. Apa u mau makan?

March 13, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Home cooked food.. especially Yong Tau Foo... mmmm, I want it.

April 04, 2007  
Blogger YvonneYong said...

Ok ok... will keep you in my guest list.

hehe

April 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home