Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Dinner @ 13 January 2007

It has been quite sometime since I have last prepared food for my friends. So I thought it would be a great idea to welcome year 2007 with a dinner with some of the closest people around me. The dinner was postponed a few times as we were all "busy" people, but finally got it set on the 13 January 2007.

Dinner was prepared for eight packs and we had lamb chops. This is truly a unique group of friends, everyone is so connected in one way or another. We are soul mates (share tonnes of secrets between us), diving buddies (6 of us graduated as divers in 2006), climbing buddies, “yam cha kakis”, travel mates and are even working on some potential part time business with some of them. Needless to say, for the past few weeks, we meet up almost everyday.

Allow me to introduce them in pairs....

The first pair to arrive... Eric&Ginn














I have known Ginn for exactly 10 years. We went through many things together during our high school days. Being the youngest among the 7 of us, she is the most 'manja' and demanding of us all and most of the time we gave in to her. One of the few girls I know that does not put on weight at all, even by eating a lot. Her nick name is Trigger Fish, as the name suggest, sitting either to her right or left spells danger. “Beware…Ginn bites when provoked” Eric is Ginn’s boyfriend. Got to know him only recently, quite quiet compared to the other 2 clowns in the group but a very charismatic guy who has a very sweet smile. Thanks Eric&Ginn for the Wine.


The second pair... Joshua&Pei San














Similiar to Ginn, I have known Pei San for 10 years as well. Miss those days where we will hang out at her dad's office after school for the girls talk and sleeping over at my house for the silly stuffs. Those were the days. Pei San is a perfect listener, someone who is very patient and understanding, and one of the girls I knew that rarely demand for anything (Note: Lucky Joshua). She is so close to perfection if not for fact that she reacts rather slowly. Thus she is nicknamed Sea Cucumber. An ordinary girl who is very special in the eyes of many.

I have only known Joshua for 6 months, but due the ample time we spend together, our friendship blossomed very fast. Someone who described himself as water, and indeed he goes along well with anyone. Someone who smiles a lot and who is always conscious of the feelings of others. It’s always fun to have him around.


The late comers...Sim&Winnie














Winnie use to work with me in my previous place and we clicked instantly the first time we met. It was recently when we agree to be pet sisters. She and Sim met on one of our rock climbing sessions and their relationship grew from there. Winnie is one of the young girls I knew that has big ambitions. Having the desire and the urge to achieve the best things in life will keep her going on. A sister that I will love and treasure always.

Sim was also my high school friend, we used to take the same bus to school and fought along the way. We still fight now, this is all because he is not someone who gives in to girls, well at least not me. Aside from the fights between us, we share some really good conversations too. He is a very caring guy and he takes good care of his female companions. That is why I have booked him as my diving buddy. Looking back to those days, we never expect to be the best of friends we are now, right? I cannot even imagine that now. *hehe*


The final pair...Cath&Me














Catheryn was my one year junior during high school. We’d recently teamed up because of diving. Fun girl to be around with as she is always very spontaneous and super friendly. Anytime you are down, she would be a great person to hang out with. Too bad dear, I don’t club, if not I think you’ll be a great clubbing partner. Looking forward to our dive trip the coming April.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

such a sweet smile with Cath. Thanks for dinner, best ever lamb chop I've ever had. It was done with much TLC.
Appreciate the things that you have done n u know wat you've done *wink :)

January 16, 2007  
Blogger YvonneYong said...

Yea finally Sim. Glad I didn't dissapoint you guys with the food and hope you enjoyed the dinner.

No worries on the things I've done for you, as you are one of my best friend. Someone I truly pray for the best things in life. In return, just take care of me while climbing and diving k. :)

What's TLC?

January 16, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Young lady, its has been quite sometime since u've prepared food for us also. When is our turn? I don't mind having lamb chop as well since we've tried ur chinese food

By the way, my dear blur friend, TLC means Tender Loving Care... haih...

January 16, 2007  
Blogger YvonneYong said...

You are one unique guy that smells food. Remembered those times where you will pop by my place for meals without invitation, but you are always welcome over, anytime dear.

Hmmm...amazed you can also smell food through the web.

Ok la, since you have asked. Will arrange for a date. But before that, when are you going for your scuba lessons???

January 17, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll make sure you keep your word. Hopefully it taste as good as ur chinese food.

You don't need me anymore for your diving since you already have your buddy. I'll take up the sport provided that you have your buddy's role reserved for me.

January 17, 2007  
Blogger YvonneYong said...

You seriously want to be my buddy??? I thought you've just mentioned that I'm blur.

I will consider you as my buddy after seeing how you 'perform' underwater *hehe* My expectations quite 'high' in choosing my 'activity partners'

So please give your request a second thought as you might regret it later.

January 18, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did not know you just yesterday. The Dive planner you have forwarded me, can I join you for your July Trip? Since you have mentioned that it'll be your fun dive trip. I should be a certified diver by then.

January 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did not know you from yesterday.

According to the dive planner you have forwarded me, can I have the pleasure to buddy you for your July trip? since you've mentioned that it'll be your fun dive trip and that I should be a certified diver then...

how how???

January 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that ryan = keat yee? hey long time didn't hear from u. Thanks Yvonne for the lamb chop. see you soon!

January 22, 2007  
Blogger YvonneYong said...

Hi there Ginn,

This is not Ryan Choong la...This is Ryan Wong, someone I got to know from Rotaract. Hehe

You think Ryan Choong would want to buddy me for diving meh?

January 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home