Friday, January 05, 2007

Don’t Hope, DECIDE

It's 2007, it’s another year and I have already set my milestones for the year.

2006 was a great year. It was a good 2 years I spend in the Bank, before I finally dappled upon an opportunity for me to build my own ‘empire’. I enjoyed my banking days, I loved meeting up with my clients, dining in posh restaurants, attending functions, meeting up with ‘big shots’…phew, it was just fantastic. I owe it a lot to the Bank and my ex-bosses for grooming and moulding me into what I am today. Thank you!

However, the gratitude I had for the Bank does not impede me from moving on (by the way, the Bank had also funded my university expenses). I know very well that my growth will be very much constrained if I were to linger on in the Banking line, or should I say, in the employment market. I had the urge to move on to have better control over my destiny, and the only option I had was to set up my own business.

Spoken to many experienced people and you would not be able to imagine the amount of negative feedbacks I’ve received, everyone was telling me that the economy is bad, that I should not give up the security of being under employment, and at 24, I know very little of the ‘jungle’ out there.

Their feedbacks fell on deaf ears. On the 1st June 06, I tendered. I know very well what I want in life and how to accomplish it, so I made the DECISION. I rather live my life out trying, that to imagine many years later with all the ‘what ifs’ that I would ask myself.

Message: Most of the time, we find regrets in NOT doing things that we should have done, rather than doing it.

I went head-to-head against my parents, relatives and senior’s advise and move on into the ‘jungle’. It has been a good 6 months being both physically and emotionally present in the jungle. Trust me, it is not easy at all. I have to cope with stresses from all angles and at all levels, in return I get a lot of free time to do stuffs that I enjoy. I have not regretted any choices I made in the past, and have DECIDED that I shall not regret on my decisions. Life move on, and we learn from mistakes, not dwell in the mistakes.

I do not hope for 2007 to be a good year for me…

I have DECIDED that 2007 WILL be a great and fantastic year.

Message: We do not just HOPE for things to happen, WE SET, PLAN and EXECUTE things.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so much the 'working Yvonne' Knowing what she wants and going all out for it...

I sometimes wonder where the hell you find all the energy and courage.

January 08, 2007  
Blogger YvonneYong said...

Thomas,

You are also a man of great vision dear. You've brought RCKL to great heights.

Where do I find the energy? I sleep a lot wan...hehe. Its take a dead fish to drift downstream and a live fish to swim upstream. I don't want to be the dead fish.

Courage is not an action in the absence of fear but rather an action inspite of fear.

January 08, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes. Couldn't agree more.

Thomas, if you are wondering where she gets the energy from. She eats a lot and has huge storage space..haha

Miss you dear!!!

Rgds,ryan

January 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home