Friday, December 29, 2006

Little thoughts for my friends

Not too long ago, as I was browsing through my ex-classmate’s blog. In that, I came across her most recent post on her love for her mother. The family has been going through a rough period of losing someone dear. I find her words quite touching and thus decided (impulsively) that I need to get these words to her mother. Have to actually call up a few friends to get the house contact number, and when I finally got it, I made the call. Conveyed the intended message across to her mother (stammering with errr…arrrr.. and all those comical voices you could think of). Her mother was quite calm and cool actually, and I was the one freaking out. At the end of the conversation, I requested the mother to keep this away from her daughter as I was afraid that it would affect the friendship between us.

5 minutes after the call, I was feeling really at fault towards my friend and then again decided to confide in her on my actions. Thanked God that she did not mind me being too busybody.

Message: Thanks Dear and I will always treasure the friendship between us.

I had a good chat with some of my buddies one night, and was deeply touched again with the way the child feels towards the parent, only this time was the gratitude, respect, admiration, love of a son towards his dad. He is inspired to be able to provide like his dad and is actually using his dad as the benchmark for the man he aspired to be. This young man very much deserves my respect on his role as the son, although he craps a lot most of the time.

Message: You should be telling your dad exactly what you told us. If you can tell your friends on how much you admire this person, why can’t you let him know? I’m sure he will be truly pleased if he knows everything that he has done is well appreciated by his love ones. Let him know while you still have the chance. Most of the time, we have regrets only for things that we should have but not done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home