Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The one who complains and the one who is being complained.

I experienced a session sometime ago where I had one of my friends (“A”) confiding to me on how A felt on another friend (“B”). Seems to me that A and B could not get along well in each other. As usual and like always, I will be the mediator between them (Got weary after having to do this for sometime). Whole time of listening to only complains was irksome, I do not know about A but I suffered quite a bit during the conversation.

I personally do not agree with the conduct of B, but couldn’t help defending B as all I really want is things to mellow down between them and also A was attacking B callously. My defence ignited the fire in A and he/she asked me why am I being so protective over B. Weeks ago, I had a similar session with B, he/she was too complaining about A just that it wasn’t this harsh, and I had the same remarks from B stating that I’m very protective over A. Goosh… can’t you guys leave me out of the battle, I have more important things in life to fret on.

Little do we realise that people normally think less of the one who complains than the one who is being complained. Nobody is made perfect, and all we can do is to accept our friends as they are. We should never set standards/guidelines on how others should behave and live their life.

Acceptance (devoid of judgement) is most of the time the best gift we can bestow our friends with and most of the time the only thing we ever call for in our friends. Most important of all, it’s something that can be given at anytime to anyone in anywhere.

We just have to keep our judgemental mind aside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home